Perfect for picnics or an anytime healthy snack, tzatziki is bright, cool, and refreshing thanks to handfuls of fresh dill. Serve alongside grilled proteins and veggies, use as a dip for literally anything (ie. french fries, pita), or spread onto sandwiches and wraps.
Yield: Makes 2 cups
- 1 package of Square Roots Dill, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized cucumber
- 1 ½ cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced or finely grated
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Lengthwise, cut the cucumber in half and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds.
- Grate the cucumber using a box grater. If unavailable, finely chop with a chef’s knife.
- Critical step! One handful at a time, lightly squeeze the grated cucumber in a paper or cloth towel over the sink to remove excess moisture. Transfer to a serving bowl, and repeat with the remaining cucumber.
- Add the yogurt, olive oil, dill, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Stir to blend.
- Allow the mixture to rest for five minutes to let the flavors steep and pop. Taste and adjust with more dill, lemon, salt, or garlic if needed.
- Serve immediately or chill in the fridge for later use.
- Use dairy-free plain yogurt for a vegan option.
- Add more cucumber, lemon juice, and olive oil to the mix for a still-flavorful but thinner, drizzly, dressing.
- Add Square Roots Parsley or Basil for a new, flavorful spin.