Parsley doesn’t have to be sidelined to just a garnish—it can be a starring ingredient. This recipe for vegetarian “tuna” salad swaps in chickpeas and adds Square Roots Parsley for vibrancy, flavor, and CRUNCH. Serve on tacos, with potato chips, or open-faced with a blanket of melted cheese.
Yield: Makes 4–6 servings
- 1 package of Square Roots Parsley, chopped
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3-4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup dill pickles, chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp dijon or spicy mustard
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- In a mixing bowl, lightly mash chickpeas with a fork.
- Add chopped parsley, celery, red onion, and dill pickles, lemon, mayo, mustard, and salt and pepper. Season to taste with more salt, pepper, or lemon juice as needed.
- Serve on toasted bread and add any toppings you wish like sliced tomato, microgreens, or avocado!
- Can be stored in the fridge for up to three days.
- Make it a veggie “tuna” melt.
- Mix in chopped Square Roots Dill or Basil for an added flavor boost.
- Swap out chickpeas for white beans or canned tuna.