We use PET 1 100% recyclable plastic containers, and majority of our products utilize packaging that is also recycled—made from post-industrial material, reusing plastic already in circulation (RPET). We believe this best fits our need to protect our produce while balancing accessibility, cost, useability, and environmental impact. A range of factors contribute to these needs, including:
- Fresh herbs and greens are delicate and need protection from handling and storage conditions.
- Consumers and stores need visual transparency to check the produce for quality and freshness.
- A label on the packaging allows us to communicate our value.
- Not all stores have loose-leaf handling or re-packing capability.
- Recycling is more accessible than commercial composting services to most consumers at this time.
Learn more here.